Purvottar Hindi Academy was formed on September 1990 at Rynjah, Shillong (Meghalaya) as an Educational, Literary & Cultural Organization, and functioning under the constructive advice and financial support from the different Govt. & non Govt. Organization. Social worker Shri B.K.Bajaj is its Chairperson, Secretary (Honorary) is Dr. Akelabhai and it has a nominated body of senior Scholars and representatives of various departments to guide it in its activities. The basic aim and objective of the Academy is to propagate the Indian languages & literature through various socio-educational and cultural programs.
During past six years we have organized 49 Seminar, Symposium, Hindi Training, Debate, Quiz, Dance, Essay & Drawing Competition, Extempore and Literary meets of the Students, Authors and Poets from all over India in collaboration with North Eastern Council, Shillong, Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti, New Delhi, Commission for Technical Terminology, New Delhi, Indian Council for Cultural Relation, Shillong, Gandhi Peace Foundation, New Delhi, Nagri Lipi Parishad, New Delhi, CIIL, Mysore, Central Hindi Directorate, New Delhi, UNISEF, Delhi, Kahani Lekhan Mahavidyalaya, Ambala Cantt., Border Security Force, Shillong, Central Institute of Hindi, Shillong etc. This academy boosts all the literary Critics, poets, lecturer, students and other social workers.
Aims & Objectives
- To promote Hindi language, literature and Nagari script in North East.
- To take up specific activities for the welfare of non-Hindi speaking people and educate them in the field of Modern Indian languages, literature, art & culture through Hindi language.
- To promote the innate feeling of the non-Hindi speaking people for promotion of Hindi language, literature, art & culture in the North-eastern region.
- Publication of books, periodicals, translation in Hindi from literature of other Indian languages. (i.e. Khasi, Garo, Assamese, Boro, Manipuri, Bengali etc.)
- To bring all the people of the Indian National at the single platform with its multilingual literary works and other activities.
- To develop the sense of brotherhood and equality in the minds of the people.
- To affiliate with other organization (Non-Political) having similar aims & objectives.
- To give platform for new talents in the field of Hindi language, art and culture.
- To felicitate senior citizens working in the field of Hindi language & literature for their achievements.